Monday, July 26, 2004

Just installed Firefox 0.9

I got so sick of Internet Explorer crashing on me all the time that I finally installed Firefox. So far, I like it. It has a clean interface, built in Google Search functionality, and it hasn't crashed (yet..). What's really useful about it is that you can opt to add tabs to your current browser, rather than adding new windows all the time. This avoids cluttering the taskbar, and makes keeping tabs (pun intended) on the websites you're watching lots easier. Also it's still version 0.9, so it isn't even the final version.

The only problem problem so far is that the custom themes don't seem to work as they should, but that probably has to do something with the desktop theme manager I'm running. *update: Themes work now it was Iconpackager software that caused the problem* I'm not a big Micro$oft hater, but it's good to know there are (viable) options other than Internet Explorer available. So if you're tired of IE as well, why not give Firefox a try?

No comments: