Saturday, May 29, 2004

Condoms Contain Cancer-Causing Substance

I found this on Yahoo! News. So now we can get cancer from practicing safe sex. Well, that sure doesn't make the world a more fun place to live in. The article says that, "most condoms contain a cancer-causing chemical and their manufacture should be subject to greater quality control". Apparently 29 out of 32 tested condoms contained a carcinogen called N-Nitrosamine. Well, maybe it's just me, but I would like to know a bit more about the 3 that didn't contain this carcinogen. What brand? Where do I get them? I would also like to know if oral sex is especially dangerous. Unfortunately the article doesn't provide such info, and I really wonder why. Wouldn't the researchers disclose this data yet, or do they want to protect certain brands? It may not be a large health hazard, but things like this should be made public as soon as posssible. Even if it's just a small health risk!

No comments: